Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Favorites

* * *

The biggest excitement is getting to know individuals. I really enjoy that -- to partake in their day. What's going on in their world? It's selfish really, but I just love being there.
--Christian Ziegler, from The Masters of Nature Photography

* * *


Bubblegum Slime Mold



Meadowlark




Serpentine Power Point



Shaving Brush Slime Mold



Stream Bed



Morning Coyote #1



Morning Coyote #2



Morning Coyote #3



Deer Family



Camouflaged Cat



Druid Rocks North



Gymnopus brassicolens



Inocybe geophylla var. lilacina



Bay Laurel Nut



Xeromphalina campanella



Prowling Cat



Mossy Roots



Honey Mushrooms

* * *

4 comments:

  1. Bubblegum slime mold, I think I saw some on my last outing but didn't know what I was looking at. It wasn't oozing the red goo if it was indeed slime mold. I'll have to start looking out for mold now too. The first rains cannot arrive soon enough for me to bring forth some mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slime molds are really weird and cool. There are a handful of common ones around Mt. Tam, and you probably do see the bubblegum in your area. Next time you find it, poke one of the blobs to see if it oozes pink stuff.

      Delete
  2. Excellent set of photos. Have been unable to post comments when viewing your blog with an iPad, nor problem when using a computer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that it doesn't work with an iPad. I've gotten emails from people who couldn't leave a comment even from a computer.

      Delete