Monday, September 30, 2013

September Favorites

* * *

I'm convinced that my unabashed appreciation of Bay Area wildness is based on my direct experience of such highly touted places as Alaska, Hawaii, the Galapagos Islands, the polar regions, and Tibet. Only after having photographed all seven continents and both poles do I know with certitude how favorably my home wildlands compare.
--Galen Rowell, Inner Game of Outdoor Photography



Jimson Weed




Tanoak




Bobcat Surprise




Insect Galls on Wild Rose




Jimson Weed Trumpet




Monarch & Milkweed




First Light




Coast Look-Out




Sargent Cypress




Spider Feast




Wind-Brushed Grass




Mossy Bay Laurel




Canyon Live Oak




California Fuchsia




Variegated Meadowhawk




Rifle Camp Meadow




Big-Leaf Maple




Pileated Woodpecker




Mating Dragonflies




Pacific Treefrog




Fall Colors at September's End

* * *