Monday, January 20, 2020

Airplane Mode



Every now and then, Mt. Tam presents an opportunity, with sun on one side and fog on the other, to photograph glories. When I saw the right conditions on a flight to Chicago last week I looked for the anti-solar point out the window and voila.



Dropping into O'Hare, the deciduous woodlands of winter reminded me of a landscape scarred by fire.



The blue pond on the plain in the back (about a third of the way down from the top edge) has a power plant on its shore. I often wish I could take a GPS reading at various points of interest along a flight path so I could find them on a map later on. 



The Great Plains meet the Rocky Mountains.



Snowy fields cut by a pair of large rivers.



Bay Area view toward Sutter Buttes.



San Mateo Bridge with incoming tide streamers.

* * *