Thursday, June 16, 2022

FZ80 Biking

Pollen on the Chin

Pneuma is the Greek word for wind, breath, spirit. I like how the word zooms in from the world at large (wind) to the personal (breath) to the metaphysical (spirit). The wind was a force to be reckoned with while I was pulling mustard weeds on Twin Peaks yesterday with good folks from the California Native Plant Society, Habitat Potential, and the parks department. The work was good for my spirits, but the wind gods wanted my hat (and finally got it in the end). The forecast was for more of the same today, so I headed out to Mt. Tam on my ebike in the morning before the pneumatics went gymnastic.

I went up to see how my camera trap was doing, and to get a little more practice with the new point-and-shoot camera, a Panasonic FZ-80. All in all, I think it went well. The camera is certainly way more versatile than the one on my phone. Click on the pictures to see them bigger (1300 pixels wide).


Pelicans Riding a Thermal Above Sausalito


Morning on the Sausalito Waterfront


A Red-breasted Nuthatch at Full Zoom


Yellow Mariposa Lily


Copulating Water Striders


Basking Salamander


Hummer in the Leopard Lilies


Stinging Nettle


Gray Fox Frame Grab


Foxes in the Camera Trap


Biking the Bridge


$7+ Supreme

* * *