Sunday, February 2, 2020

02022020



Kind of an unusual sunrise this morning, with fog covering part of the top of Mt. Tamalpais. I couldn't see East Peak as I drove up from below and hoped my view wouldn't be obliterated. There was also a fog bank out on the far side of the East Bay hills.



I was lucky to find the gate open when I arrived at 6:50 a.m. The fog and clouds were pretty thick, and the best color lasted only a minute or so. By the time the sun reached the horizon it was completely obscured behind clouds.



I picked up the two trail cams that were still on the mountain. I have a new place in mind that I'll check out next week. In the meantime, here's a selection of recent captures.



Two females and one male.



Lots of Gray Fox captures at this location.



Love those Varied Thrush.



Blacktail Deer with goatee.



First Chipmunk capture. Mr. Speedy used this spot several times and I believe he was responsible for quite a few empty frames.



Gray Squirrel(s) triggered the cam many, many times. Occasionally there were two squirrels in the frame, and once there were squirrels and California Quail all foraging around together.



Mouse!

* * *