Saturday, February 1, 2020

KitKat




KitKat doesn't know I have to go to work most days. She just comes by whenever she's in the mood. I believe her owner (to the extent she is "owned") lives down the block, but she has been dropping by my back yard for a few years. A bag of Iams kibble lasts several months since I only feed her when we cross paths. Sometimes she's waiting for me in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon. I like to keep a trail cam out back to keep tabs on when she and other backyard denizens come and go.



Sometimes the cam captures my wife, and this time her embroidery handiwork goes perfectly with the ambient scene.



So KitKat's 12:30 visit lasted about an hour, until she gave up. But she came back at 3 o'clock determined to wait it out at the top of the stairs. 



After about 15 minutes she needs a little stretch.



And sometimes the cam catches her making a funny expression on her way to grooming herself. She waited a little more than an hour before finally giving up -- just a few minutes before I finally got home. Too bad cats can't text.



Sometimes I feed her when I get home, then forget to bring the bowl back inside. Other neighborhood cats are onto this fact.



And not all the neighborhood cats are cats.



Here's KitKat trying to catch the early bird special, snoozing a little while she waits, and...



...Reward! To the right is the door to the storage area / laundry room / garage, and where I keep my bike. I always check to see if KitKat is out on the stoop before I head to work in the morning and again when I get home. Sometimes she'll be there almost every day for a while, and other times she doesn't show up for a week or more. 

* * *