Monday, March 16, 2020

Elk & Wildflowers



March has long been one of my favorite months, especially at Pt. Reyes, as wildflowers spring their colors on newly greened hillsides and animals feast in a land restored to plenty. 



Even though I hunker down against the ravages of a single-celled organism that's creating havoc around the world, the possibility of real danger still feels remote.



Yet I know that, along with the greening and colors and renewal of March, it is also the month when ticks stretch their legs from leaf tips to await a passing animal, humans included.



The yin and the yang, the constantly grappling forces of nature, are the intricate mechanisms of the grand adventure of being alive in the world.



So I stretch my bones with a downward dog...



...and savor the awesome beauty of it all.

* * *