Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Gimme Shelter

* * *

As I do my best to hide from a virus I can't see, I take a few phone snaps here and there to remind me it's not all bad. Sheltering in place and working from home can be a drag, but it also means:



Having time to eat an awesome breakfast.



Reading a fat book.



Drinking quarantinis.



Going grocery shopping and wondering if now's the time to find out what a $9 jar of pasta sauce tastes like.



Going for walks in the neighborhood.



Stopping to smell the spring blossoms.



Doing sketchfest with friends online.



Making hummus and avocado toast with Sriracha drops.



Spotting San Francisco wallflowers at your local park.



Sitting with a friendly neighborhood cat.



Arranging your pantry.



Taking more neighborhood walks.



Going into the office one day and being the only person on the whole floor.



Checking out the mad lunch-hour rush (it's Thursday at 12:30 p.m. in this shot).



Visiting Pier 39 (taking the long way home from the office).



Walking in the street to keep your distance from your neighbors.



Making awesome vegan mac-and-cheese.



And there's always ... taking another neighborhood walk.

When I go for my first walk in the early morning I'm always surprised to see people getting in their car to drive somewhere. For those of you who are going to work at great personal risk to bring us our food (from the growers and farmworkers to the truckers and grocers), to the folks who keep the water running, the lights on, and the internet connected, and to all the medical staff on the front lines of this health crisis, I salute you and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

* * *