Saturday, April 11, 2020

Foggy Morning



Even though it was 12 years ago this month, I still remember driving through the pre-dawn darkness down a narrow backroad and squinting out my window through heavy fog in the hope of finding some wildflower meadows I'd heard of but whose precise locations I did not know.



I also remember the excitement I felt when the colorful landscape finally began to reveal itself. I pulled off the road and had the place to myself for a couple of hours before I finally continued to my next destination.



I could have wished for more interesting light on the landscape, but the fog's nicely diffused light was just right for more intimate portraits among the Owl's Clover and other wildflowers.



Lupine & Goldfields



Tidy Tips



Baby Blue Eyes



California Evening Primrose



A Flower Spider Abides

* * *