Friday, October 6, 2023

Buffalo Days

 

American Bison, Golden Gate Park

If buffalo wings are hot, then so are buffalo days. 

I was surprised to see the bison all hanging out in the sunshine today. It was around 11:30 a.m., so not quite the hottest part of the day. But those dark, heavy coats! I sought the shade just to stop and watch them for a few minutes, and I was in shorts and t-shirt, riding my bike. I felt like I'd time-traveled back to Santa Barbara when I got to the beach. Such a beautiful day.

It's 88 degrees in the shade just outside the door of my flat at about 1:30 p.m. About 76 degrees inside, although I expect it to exceed 80 degrees later on, as it did yesterday. It's a good afternoon for ice-cold lemonade and relaxing with an engaging book, like Arctic Dreams.... 


The Nickel Pose


Ocean Beach, San Francisco (not San Diego!)


Lots of brown pelicans chilling on Seal Rocks.


Enjoying the beach out by Noriega Street.


Picture-perfect beach weather.

* * *