Monday, December 4, 2023

Light/Waves

 


Walking down to the beach this morning I was mesmerized by the large swells. A low sun-angle created rainbows in the spindrift, and even better, in the "spit" or spray shooting out of the tubes. I didn't linger long to watch since there were only a couple of surfers out. The beach is the turnaround point of my walk, so I still had a 45-minute return trip to get home and bike back down to the beach with a camera.


















I had to stop on the way to the beach when I saw one of the bison grazing in a small hummock of plants, a grace note of greens stuck on its horn. These charismatic megafauna are often in their uncharismatic pens, and even when they're free to roam, it seems like they hang out in the bare areas, or in the shade, or up next to a fence (or all of the above). So rare to get a more natural looking shot. Unfortunately, the forage appears to be quite poor, and when the bison noticed a park employee along the fence, they all began to head in her direction in anticipation of being fed.

* * *