Thursday, May 9, 2024

Wind's Up!

 

Swell Time at Ocean Beach

I noticed the wind had picked up and shifted during my walk this morning, and I looked forward to checking out the relatively rare offshore conditions at Ocean Beach during my bike ride. There were fewer surfers than I expected to find on such an apparently fun day to be in the water. For us folks on the beach it was another matter, with sand blowing into eyes and mouths. Kudos to the beach-cleaning crew that went to work in the midst of it all.


Full house with terns, pelicans, dogs, and human.








Wind conditions at Ocean Beach around noon today.

I told myself I wouldn't photograph every great blue heron I saw, but I couldn't resist stopping on the way to the beach when this one strolled into a field of yellow flowers.

* * *