Friday, March 1, 2024

Blowin' in the Wind

 

Howlin'

Not to rub it in or anything, but this morning I once again found myself feeling deeply grateful to be able to go for walks and bike rides instead of going to work. My walk took me over Parnassus Heights to Cole Valley, up and down the Haight, into the gardens and woodlands of Golden Gate Park, then back home through the Inner Sunset. Then it was back through the park for the bike ride, with a side trip to the old Cliff House to savor the awesome meeting of wind and wave. 

I was looking for a title for this post and came up with something probably too obvious. However, I looked up the lyrics and was struck by the fact that Dylan's song, written in 1962, could have been written for today. Some things never change. Ars longa, vita brevis.


Toil and Trouble


Sudsy Scoter


The perspective from the back deck of the old Cliff House always puts the high point of Seal Rocks even with the horizon. I think I'd like to be higher up, to put the horizon above the peak. Someday the old Cliff House will open up again and I'll be able to do that, maybe while enjoying a burger and a beer.


OBSF


Friday Crowd


Willets outnumbered people today.


It was good to see them back again.


Screenshot from this morning's sunrise timelapse.


Sunrise Timelapse, 3/1/24

* * *