Monday, March 11, 2024

Unruffled

 

Coast Guard Motor Lifeboat at Ocean Beach

According to NOAA's National Data Buoy Center, the swells are running 12-14 feet today. I noticed the waves were breaking farther out than usual when I did my walk this morning, and I was glad I'd brought my camera when I later biked down to the beach. I figured there wouldn't be any surfers out in that huge chaos, but the Coast Guard evidentally saw the hazardous conditions as a perfect training opportunity.


Nice day for a splash in the ocean.


Testing to see if these boats are, in fact, unsinkable.


Unruffled


Ruffled


Unruffled


I noticed the other day that the dynamic duo of red-tailed hawks who like to hang out atop the Murphy Windmill are perching closer together than usual. Are they a mating pair, or siblings?

* * *