Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Backyard Beauties

 

Hummingbird Attractor

I didn't get out much today due to the smoke hazard, but I did watch the cherry-headed conures in my neighbor's oak tree for a while, and while I was back there I figured why not set up a couple more macro shots in my living room using backyard flowers. It's not like I have to get back to work or anything.








Some of the parrots were strolling around the tree branches and pulling off acorns and whatnot (I could hear all kinds of stuff falling from the tree into the leaf litter, but couldn't see what any of it was). Meanwhile several of the other parrots were paired up to groom each other.


An immature parrot picked up some lichen but didn't appear to eat it, then a little farther along the branch it picked up a stick. Unfortunately, it then turned its back to me and no doubt did something fascinating with the stick, like use it to preen its breast feathers, or just chomp on it like Edward G. Robinson with a cigar.


A chestnut-backed chickadee captured a little caterpillar.

* * *