Saturday, September 30, 2023

September Trail Cams

 

Deer in Forest Fog

It feels like it's time to find a new camera trap location, but I'm still mulling over the possibilities. When I biked up on Thursday to check on them I ended up taking them home. Now that the cams are gone, I'm sure the bobcats, foxes, coyotes, bucks, and turkeys will frolic like elves, and I will miss it. 

In the meantime I've been wondering who's been digging in my own back yard, so I've got a cam out there to hopefully find out. The usual suspects passed by last night -- cat, rat, hermit thrush, raccoons. A couple critters sniffed around the dig area, but no one actually dug, at least not on camera. I did find the area disturbed this morning, but the disturbance happened (of course) after the video timed out.


Once again, the bobcat only went up the canyon instead of down.... (The camera's info strip went haywire at some point and made the dates wrong.) 


Gray Fox


Coyote passes through the dappled sunlight.


The bucks are starting to get frisky.



* * *