Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Rocky/Columbus Day

 

Rocky Raccoon, Golden Gate Park

As I was out and about on a foggy and chilly Columbus Day yesterday, I finally ran into a raccoon at North Lake (part of the Chain of Lakes). Years ago, there was a "feeding station" at the south end of the lake where numerous raccoons could often be found swarming around whoever was feeding them at the time. I think the word has gotten out that feeding wildlife is not a good idea, but I do kind of miss seeing these furry bandits.


Raccoon Contemplating Emergence
(but turning around and heading back into thick vegetation)


Golden-crowned Sparrow Sings His Heart Out


The great blue heron was zeroing in on something on the edge of the lake, so I waited and waited, figuring if the GBH can be patient, then so can I. After awhile he decided whatever had captured his interest had gotten away.


Greater Scaups


Double-crested Cormorant Drying Its Wings


When I stopped to check out the ducks and cormorants on this Columbus Day, I noticed my odometer....


Birds of a Feather, Ocean Beach


Shutter-Buggin'

* * *