Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Smoke in the Air

 

This Morning's Mt. Tam Webcam View
(Note what appears to be smoke above the fog.)

It looks like wildfire smoke is drifting into the Bay Area, triggering air quality alerts. It's hard to tell anything's going on from my home's vantage point beneath that thick blanket of fog seen in the webcam shot above. We certainly don't smell smoke yet, and hopefully it won't get much worse. Even the brief smoke exposure I experienced up around Sequoia/King's Canyon (aka, SEKI) gave me a little chest congestion that I didn't really notice until the day after I got home. 

I've been monitoring the wildfire cams up around the Park Fire for a few days and include a few of the images I snipped below. 


Colby Mountain Cam on 7/26


Colby Mountain Cam on 7/28


Colby Mountain Cam on 8/6


Grizzly Peak Cam on 7/28


Platte Mountain Cam on 7/26


Stover Mountain Cam on 8/3


Stover Mountain Cam on 8/8


* * *