Saturday, February 18, 2023

More Winter Surf

 

Ocean Beach, Feb. 17, 2023

Reaching the steps at 14th Avenue and Mount on my walk Friday morning, I could see a corduroy ocean. Countless swells were marching in lines toward the beach, and the wind was blowing offshore. Probably going to be good surfing conditions, but I was just far enough from home that I didn't want to turn back and get my camera. 

I could see the ocean pretty much the whole way as I walked down Noriega Street, but when I finally got to the beach I knew I was going to have to come back with a camera. I watched for a little while, then walked back home and returned on my bike with the FZ80.


Steps at 14th & Mount


Zoomed In View With Lines of Swells


Bottom Turn


Ship Spotting & Surf Photography
(Container Ship President Kennedy; the APL is for American President Lines)


Frame Capture from Last Clip in Video Below


Guy Paddling Out Gets Sucked Over the Falls
(Frame capture from same clip; it happens almost too fast to catch in the video)


Surfing at Ocean Beach, Feb. 17, 2023


* * *