Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Sand Check

 


The Great Highway had an unscheduled automobile closure today, courtesy of Mother Nature.



Two phone snaps from the edge of the dune.



I avoided this bike/pedestrian path yesterday because the wind was even stronger, making this stretch look like it was being sand-blasted. Looking back the other way, a car is taking a detour through the Beach Chalet's parking lot because there is deep sand accumulated on the Great Highway, and not just here but in many spots along the front of Golden Gate Park.



I was going to head back up through the park when I noticed huge waves crashing into Seal Rocks: guano cleaning, courtesy of Pacific Power Wash. I was also amazed to see a group of sturdy young people doing a beach clean-up. They should have had some news media down there. I was not surprised when their supervisors called them in shortly after I packed my camera to get the heck out of that cold wind.



Luckily, this tree (one of several newly fallen trees since yesterday in Golden Gate Park) broke in two in just the right place. :)


* * *