Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wind Check

 

Cliff House Wind Check: 39.2 MPH

I went down to the beach yesterday, and I'm still finding sand in my ears. 

Early morning started off innocently enough, with just the usual breeze, but by mid-morning the forecast winds began to arrive. Toppled garbage cans lined my walking route, and I heard the wind slam a door shut on 16th Avenue, followed by the sound of shattering glass.

Once I got home from my morning walk I wasn't so sure I even wanted to go for my usual bike ride. But I did want to experience the powerful winds. And when I remembered the hand-held anemometer I'd stowed away in a knick-knack drawer I knew I had to take it for a ride to the beach. When I got there, I struggled against the headwind despite being on an ebike. I sure was glad I'd ridden up to Mt. Tam on Monday instead of Tuesday.


Windy City


Wind Tracks on the Ocean


Gale at the Beach
(music by The Mermen)

* * *