Friday, September 20, 2024

Garden Variety

 

Passion Flower, Garden for the Environment

A couple of things I noticed with the new FZ80D that I somehow failed to notice on Wednesday are that the ISO goes to 3200, and the faster SD card still leaves plenty of shutter lag. And I also had to figure out how to make the 1-Area focus square smaller. Thankfully all the info needed to make such adjustments is in the online manual. Another welcome feature on the new model is the USB-C connection. Finally my phone, tablet, and camera all plug in with the same cable.


Angel's Trumpet


Pig's Ear


Borage


This bushtit looks like a pygmy marmoset.


All the previous shots came out of the Garden for the Environment, but this shot of a robin in an Autumn Olive (Elaegnus umbellata) was from Golden Gate Park. 


Busy Bush


The robins were skittish and too fast for me, even with the ISO cranked up to 3200 as it is here. I never got a clean shot of a robin with one of the berries in its beak. I only learned what the plant was after I got home, but the berries are edible to humans as well as robins (but watch out for the hard seeds).


The Townsend's warblers have been eluding me since they recently started showing up more. I've been unable to get a clean photo. Still, I liked this shot anyway, with a spider snare in a cypress tree (in the park's Oak Woodland area).

* * *