Monday, September 30, 2024

Yellow Rumped Warbler

 

Yellow-rumped Warbler, Sunset Reservoir

I've been wondering where all the yellow-rumped warblers have been lately, since the species has often seemed to dominate my sightings in the past. I was glad to have brought my camera on today's walk, since that's when I finally saw one, working a tree on the edge of Sunset Reservoir on Ortega Street.










Townsend's Warbler, North Lake


Orange-crowned Warbler (?), North Lake


This red-tailed hawk was sunning its feathers in a pine tree on the edge of the Bison Paddock.


I went around to the other side to try for a better view. After sunbathing for a while, it began preening, then went back to sunbathing.


Gulls were chillin' in their usual spot on Ocean Beach while the chemical/oil products tanker STI Magic (flagged in the Marshall Islands) was under way from the Port of Richmond to (possibly) South Korea. Long trip!

* * *